Situated along the River Walk, across the street from the San Antonio Convention Center, and only two blocks from the Alamo, Hilton Palacio del Rio provides one of the best locations to stay in San Antonio.
Walking distance to many of downtown San Antonio attractions and destinations including:
• San Antonio River Walk - One story below the bustling street level, the urban sanctuary winds along the San Antonio River and is lined with plenty of fine dining, shopping, lush landscapes, quaint pathways, cascading waterfalls, outdoor art and relaxing outdoor patios.
• Alamo - Just 2 blocks away is Texas's most popular historic attraction. The Alamo is where 189 volunteers lost their lives on March 6, 1836, in the battle for Texas independence.
• La Villita & Arneson River Theatre - La Villita is the site of the original settlement of San Antonio. This National Historic District, adjacent to the hotel, is a unique arts and crafts community of shops and restaurants. La Villita is also home to the Arneson river Theatre, an outdoor theatre with unique natural tiered seating.
• Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center - San Antonio's convention center is located directly across the street from our hotel.
• Alamodome & Historic Sunset Station - Home to many sporting events, concerts, trade shows and conventions.
• Tower of the Americas and HemisFair Park - At 750 feet, the Tower of Americas provides a spectacular view of the Alamo city. Built to host the 1968 World's Fair, the parks lushly landscaped areas and dramatic, cascading waterfalls offer a refreshing retreat from city streets.
• Institute of Texan Cultures - Located in HemisFair Park, the state's ethnic diversity and pioneer heritage are presented in variety of displays and galleries.
• Downtown San Antonio - features plenty of nearby shopping, fine dining, theater, museums, night life and entertainment.
• Morgan's Wonderland - Located in northeast San Antonio, Morgan's Wonderland is the world's first ultra-accessible family fun park designed specifically for children and adults with special needs, their family, caregivers and the entire community.
• Sea World San Antonio - The world's largest marine life adventure park offers something for everyone. It's an exciting rides and slides park, a world class animal park, a sensational show park and splashy water park.
• Six Flags Fiesta Texas - A 200-acre theme park celebrating the history, culture, and above all, music of Texas. Rides, marketplaces and live shows highlight four entertainment areas.
• San Antonio Zoo - Located at Brackenridge Park, the San Antonio Zoo features exotic animals, Barrier Reef and Children's Zoo.